As your county commissioner, I have worked tirelessly to ensure the county is making your life a little better each day:
- Created and chaired Jeffco’s first-ever Wildfire Risk Reduction Task Force to keep our community safe, including doubling slash collection days, increasing mitigation, and enhancing building codes to improve defensible space and the use of ignition-resistant materials. Appointed by Governor to serve on the Colorado Fire Commission.
- Protected funding for public safety, including support for school resource officers and mental health co-responders. The Jeffco Sheriff’s Office is among the best funded Sheriff’s office in Colorado.
- Expanded Jeffco Open Space and its beautiful trails.
- Worked with partners to increase housing that’s affordable for aging adults, veterans, and working families.
- Increased community involvement in the county’s budget decisions, reviewed operations across all county departments for cost-savings, and achieved a balanced budget every year.
- Served on statewide working group that ensured 90% of opioid settlement dollars go to local communities to fight the opioid epidemic and now serve as chair the Gateway to the Rockies Opioids Council.
- Ensured federal COVID rescue dollars were spent wisely to keep businesses open, protect first responders and health care workers, and help neighbors in need of food and rental assistance.